When I searched affirmative action on the internet the information I received was, “An action or policy favoring those who tend to suffer from discrimination, especially in relation to employment or education; positive discrimination.” So with that information, further research and discussions I believe that affirmative action is a tricky subject. Basically, affirmative action is intended to give more opportunities, equal access to everything towards minorities. I think that this action has positive and negative outcomes meaning it is a learning and continuous idea. The positive outcome is that minorities will feel more equal. The negative outcome is that people that are not a minority race don’t have an equal say and that it is just like discrimination. That just because of their skin color they do not get the same opportunities. Overall, I don’t think that affirmative action has been completely successful but it has caused a lot of good to many people. There are also some parts of affirmative action that aren’t necessarily fair like for jobs or colleges it can be difficult for choosing. Personally, I wouldn’t use affirmative action in a work environment because it is unequal in those surroundings.
No comments:
Post a Comment