Affirmative
action can introduce reverse racism by putting an unfair advantage to a person
of color if the company has to hire them. I feel whoever is qualified for the
job should be hired. It doesn't matter your skin tone as long as you can work
adequately. This can introduce reverse racism by not hiring a non-minority over
a minority because they have some quota to fill. A term I find interesting that
some people use is positive discrimination, because I can’t see how any
discrimination is positive. I can see the argument in saying how it evens out
the playing field for colored people but I feel if you start to hire colored
people to fill some sort of quota for your company you are starting to
discriminate. Say you have a white man that is more qualified for the job but
your boss is saying you have to hire more colored people you may chose a person
less suitable for the job. I get why the law was put in place, to help out
colored people and to make sure that workplaces were more diverse but as you do
that you can start to discriminate against certain people. When companies hire
people they tend to look for more a diverse look because that is the trend of
these times, it also helps the companies image to have a more diverse work
group. It’s sad to think that you could be hired just to fit a certain look and
not hired for your skills. Whites are definitely put at an higher advantage
over colored people but if you start to put a law in place that discriminates
certain people to fill some sort of list. Affirmative I feel does introduce
reverse racism because I feel whoever is qualified should be hired and people
who aren't should not be, doesn't matter the skin tone.
No comments:
Post a Comment